Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feeling The Burn

My usual sport of choice is swimming.  I'm a chlorine addict.

Lately, I've been itching for something to stir up my normal routine.  With the option to try two classes for free, I jumped right on the opportunity to check out LA Boxing - Wrigleyville in Chicago.  4 Advils later I'm starting to feel less stiff after yesterday's class...but, DANG after 60 minutes of cardio and swinging my arms at my partner, I'm not surprised.  If you want to tone up and live in Chicago (although I know they have other locations around the country) check it out!

Also before your first class they will show you how to wrap up your hands and give you a pair of gloves to wear.  Knowing that I intend to incorporate boxing into my weekly routine, I went to my local Sports Authority to purchase a pair of bright pink gloves and hand wraps.  (The stench of my hands after that class was so bad it triggered my gag reflex...so if you plan on making boxing a habit, treat yourself to a pair of gloves, they will only run you about $40.)

I usually never feel unsafe in my neighborhood, but just in case I'm ever in a sticky situation I now have a strong hook, jab, and cross punch...watch out hoodlums of Chicago, I'm well on my way to being a trained fighter!

Back in the pool tonight to swim off some of this soreness!

<3 Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment